Hunting weapons from the house KRIEGHOFF have a very good reputation. Even in times of CNC machines and large-dimensioned marketing divisions, this reputation has been preserved with reason: KRIEGHOFF supplies very good German craftsmanship and frequently brings out useful technical innovations.
The latest coup of the KRIEGHOFF development division is the intelligent ejector.
The customer can choose between an ejection and extraction option. As of now, the new technology – the IES (Intelligent Ejector System) – is available at extra charge with the known Classic double rifle. This system is also optionally available in the Big Five version of the Classic double rifle.
A later installation of the IES option into an existing Classic double rifle is not possible.
The advantage of the system: When it has to go fast and fractions of a second count – like when hunting dangerous game – the ejectors eject, the weapon is being reloaded and is ready to fire immediately. Shall the reloading be as noiseless as possible and a little more time is available, the ejectors extract the empty cartridge case and the rifle may be reloaded.
It does not matter whether ejection or extraction, the functions are all operated with an easy press of your thumb via the cocking slide. For the respective setting of the ejection and extraction functions neither a tool nor any other intricate handling is necessary. This allows a fast, easy and absolutely safe selection of the function when you are out hunting.
The Most Important Technical Data of the KRIEGHOFF Classic Double Rifle:
Rifle calibres: 7x57R, 7x65R, .308 Win., .30–06, .30R Blaser, 8x57IRS, 8x75RS, 9.3x74RLauflänge: 60cm
Standard barrel length: 60 cm (24")
Weight*: approx. 3.3 – 3.7 kg
*depending on barrel length, calibre and density of stock wood
Standard Features of the KRIEGHOFF Classic:
- Twin-hammer action with Universal Trigger System and Combi-Cocking Device
- Set trigger integrated in the front trigger
- Standard border line engraving
- Slim compact steel action with reinforced sidewalls for extra strenght
- Ergonomically shaped "Kickspanner" manual cocking device providing safe and simple operation
- Automatic hammer safety to prevent the Classic from firing unless it is fully closed
- Short opening angle for fast, easy loading
- Purdey style extension between the barrels and the face of the standing breech to withstand lateral bending forces
- Virtually horizontal firing pin placement for error-free firing and fast lock-time
- Sliding, self-adjusting wedge for secure bolting
- Broad, massive underlugs to withstand wear and provide optimal seating of the underlug in the action
- Reliable ejector
- Front plate for pivot bridge mount
- Steel trigger floor plate and steel trigger guard
- Nickel-plated receiver finish
- Quick detachable sling swivels
- Muzzle adjustment
- Standard stock wood
- Right-hand stock with Bavarian-style cheekpiece and forearm with drop nose tip
- Will be delivered in the KRIEGHOFF GunPack
Additional Technical Features:
- Short barrel lenght 55 cm (22")
- Intelligent Ejector System (IES)
- Krieghoff 1-2 trigger
- Single combination trigger (only available up to calibre .375)
- Krieghoff see-through sight
- Second set trigger installed in the rear trigger
- Spring-loaded extractor claws for rimless rifle cartridges
- BreaKO recoil reducer
- Interchangeable choke tubes
- Scope mounts
- Interchangeable barrels: Double rifle, "Big Five" double rifle, side-by-side rifle/shotgun combination and side-by-side shotgun
- Blued or nitrided action finish
Prices of the KRIEGHOFF Classic Double Rifle:
Price of the standard version: 5,644 euros
Price of the Big Five version (as of calibre .375 H&H): 7,799 euros
Extra charge for the IES ejector system: 1,388 euros