If you like really big guns, here's one for you. Remington is introducing a new bolt-action .50 BMG (12.7x99 mm) caliber rifle, the R2Mi 50.
Our most alert readers will have noticed an unusual feature of the Remington R2Mi 50 – the bolt handle on the left with corresponding ejection port on the right. So no, the photo isn't flipped. A short press release sums up the most striking features of this impressive gun: “From its match-grade chamber out, the R2Mi is built to shatter all previous expectations for long-range accuracy. A free-ﬂoated barrel, with 1:15” twist and 8-groove rifling is perfectly suited for harnessing sub-MOA accuracy from the .50 BMG. And its left-hand operated, right-hand eject bolt-action and 10-round box magazine, ensure comfortable cycling with no need for the shooter to adjust position.”
Remington R2Mi, simple power
According to the manufacturer, the R2Mi 50 is “one of the simplest .50-caliber rifles to assemble and maintain”: in fact, it disassembles like any AR15-type rifle, with the upper receiver simply locking to the lower receiver with two integral pins. Add to this a full-length Picatinny rail that can accommodate a wide range of optics.
Other interesting features:
- Lothar Walther free-floated 30”/762 mm barrel with vented hand guard
- Lower receiver machined from T6-6061 aluminum billet
- Hard anodized type 3 green Mil-Spec finish on aluminum parts
- Manganese phosphate finish on steel parts
- Magpul PRS Gen3 adjustable buttstock
- AAC Cyclops muzzle brake (it can accept AAC's Cyclops silencer)
- ErgoGrip Deluxe tactical pistol grip
- Steel bipod with folding legs
The Remington R2Mi 50 will ship in a custom Pelican Storm deployment case with two 10-round magazine, bipod, eye and ear protection and cable lock. The price for this helluva big gun is 4599 USD. Availability is still to be communicated.