At the 2016 edition of the HIT Show Adinolfi, the imorter for Italy showcased the latest product from the Yukon Advanced Optics Worldwide company to hit the international civilian markets: the Photon XT digital night vision riflescope.
Basically a hybrid between a night vision device and a digital riflescope − featuring several types of selectable reticles, all different in shape and color − the Yukon Photon XT sports an 810nm infrared LED and a CMOS sensor to allow not only night vision capabilities in full darkness, but also low-light capabilities (eg. twilight, fog, adverse environmental conditions) and daytime use capabilities thanks to an integrated light filter.
Conceived for hunting purposes, the Yukon Photon XT offers a 4.6x magnification ratio and a 640x480 definition display; it is compatible with most commonly available riflescope attachment rings, will withstand recoil energies up to 6000 Joules and weighs barely 620 grams without batteries. The official retail price for the Yukon Photon XT is set at just over 500 Euros − making it one of the most affordable commercial night vision systems available today.
Yukon Photon XT - all technical features:
- Sensor Resolution: 656x492 pixels
- Display Resolution: 640x480 pixels
- Video Out Facility
- Magnification: 4.6x
- Lens diameter: 42mm
- Relative aperture 1:1.2
- Field of view (horizontal) 4.3 deg
- Field of view (m at 100m) 7.5
- Minimum focusing distance: 10m
- Eye relief: 60mm
- Exit pupil: 5mm
- Diopter Adjustment: +/-3
- Resolutions (lines per mm) 38
- Built in 810NM IR LED 120mW equivalent power
- Range of detection: 120m (ideal conditions)
- Power Supply: 2 x AA
- Run time: 5hrs without IR
- External Power Supply: No
- Reticle Windage and Elevation: 1 click (H/V), mm @100m: 25/25
- Preloaded reticles: 6 user selectable
- Level of protection: IPX4
- Shock resistance: Up to 6.000 joules
- Mounting method: 30mm riflescope rings
- Weight: 0.62kg without batteries
In most EU countries and in the US the product is available now. Simply look on Google for the best price.