Winchester and Browning – who manufacture some of their cartridges in the same Olin Corporation plant in the US – have issued a product warning and recall notice for some of their 9mm ammo. The reason is that “some lots of ammunition may contain propellant that does not properly ignite and burn when the cartridge is fired. Ammunition containing propellant that does not properly ignite and burn may result in a bullet remaining in the barrel (i.e., a bullet-in-bore obstruction). Firing a subsequent bullet into the bore obstruction could cause firearm damage, rendering the firearm inoperable and subjecting the shooter and bystanders to a risk of serious personal injury.”
In detail, Olin Winchester, LLC is recalling the following lots of 9mm Luger 115 grain Full Metal Jacket and 115 grain Jacketed Hollow Point pistol ammunition:
Symbols: Q4172, RED9, USA9JHP, USA9MMVP, USA9W, WW9B
- SC03LD44, SC03LD45, SC03LD46, SC03LD47
- SC13LD1, SC13LD6, SC13LD18, SC13LD44, SC13LD45, SC13LD46, SC13LD47
- SC52LD44, SC52LD45, SC52LD46, SC52LD47
- SC62LD44, SC62LD45, SC62LD46, SC62LD47
- SC72LD44, SC72LD45, SC72LD46, SC72LD47
- SC92LD44, SC92LD45, SC92LD46, SC92LD47
- SD10LD1, SD10LD3, SD10LD6, SC10LD12, SD10LD18, SD10LD46, SD10LD47
- SD50LD1, SD50LD3, SD50LD6, SD50LD11, SD50LD12, SD50LD18, SD50LD46, SD50LD47
- SD60LD1, SD60LD3, SD60LD6, SD60LD11, SD60LD12, SD60LD18
- SD70LD1, SD70LD3, SD70LD6, SD70LD11, SD70LD12, SD70LD18
- SD80LD1, SD80LD3, SD80LD6, SD80LD11, SD80LD12, SD80LD18
Browning Ammunition is recalling the following lots of 9mm Luger 115 grain Full Metal Jacket pistol ammunition:
Lot Numbers: SC13LD20, SD10LD20
The Symbol designations and locations of the Lot Numbers are depicted in the photographs.
If ammunition of the above Symbols was purchased before March 25, 2021, it is NOT subject to the recall.
In case your ammo is any of the above Symbols and Lot Numbers, immediately discontinue use and contact the respective manufacturer (Winchester toll-free at 844-653-8358, Browning Ammunition toll-free at 844-653-8358) for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition.